You all are familiar with the recent earthquake that had devastated effect on our country. In this earthquake about 1000 of people in Nepal and about thousand of people in this earthquake.
This earthquake has a magnitude of 6.7 on Richter Scale and falls in major earthquake he epicenter was Kodari, around 80 km east of Kathmandu.
By this earthquake many of the areas in India was also affected like Bihar, UP, West Bengal etc news of death of many people had been listened. At Now more aftershocks of this are experienced. So, if any of your Sibling, friend or companion is lost or is trapped in this earthquake you can get his/her location just by going through this link.
This Service is provided by Google and You can also get notification about this By SMS
In Nepal or India: Text “search <name>” to +91-9773300000
International charges may apply from Nepal.
In US: text “search <name>” to +1 650-800-3978
- You can also donate Rs 10 to these victims (initiated By Uber) by applying promo HELPNEPAL when you are booking a ride on uber.
if you live any of the affected areas please do this following prevention measures to tackle this Situation:
Be Prepared for Aftershocks
The following are things you can do to protect yourself, your family and your property in the event of an earthquake.
- To begin preparing, you should build an emergency kit and make a family communications plan.
- Fasten shelves securely to walls.
- Place large or heavy objects on lower shelves.
- Store breakable items such as bottled foods, glass, and china in low, closed cabinets with latches.
- Fasten heavy items such as pictures and mirrors securely to walls and away from beds, couches and anywhere people sit.
- Brace overhead light fixtures and top heavy objects.
- Repair defective electrical wiring and leaky gas connections. These are potential fire risks. Get appropriate professional help. Do not work with gas or electrical lines yourself.
- Install flexible pipe fittings to avoid gas or water leaks. Flexible fittings are more resistant to breakage.
- Secure your water heater, refrigerator, furnace and gas appliances by strapping them to the wall studs and bolting to the floor. If recommended by your gas company, have an automatic gas shut-off valve installed that is triggered by strong vibrations.
- Repair any deep cracks in ceilings or foundations. Get expert advice if there are signs of structural defects.
- Be sure the residence is firmly anchored to its foundation.
- Store weed killers, pesticides, and flammable products securely in closed cabinets with latches and on bottom shelves.
- Locate safe spots in each room under a sturdy table or against an inside wall. Reinforce this information by moving to these places during each drill.
- Hold earthquake drills with your family members: Drop, cover and hold on.